No hot water after bleeding radiators

Sponsored Links
Thank you! Okay, so I was trying to turn the valve all the way anti-clockwise and noticed water dripping. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Thank you! Okay, so I was trying to turn the valve all the way anti-clockwise and noticed water dripping. Is this normal or should I be worried?
can you hear water filling into the F&E tank as you open the stop cock ?

can you hear water filling into the F&E tank as you open the stop cock ?
I fully turned the valve anti-clockwise until I could no more, and then turned it to a 1/4 clockwise. However, I cannot really hear much as I am still hearing the same noises from the boiler from earlier on. I tried to upload a video of the noise but I am unable to

Sponsored Links
I am also a bit concerned as the valve seems to be leaking dribble of water

I am also a bit concerned as the valve seems to be leaking dribble of water
It could be that the valve was dripping and someone has closed it to stop it dripping and that has led to the tank running dry, wrap an old towel round it to catch the drips and leave 10 mins then close it again,

It could be that the valve was dripping and someone has closed it to stop it dripping and that has led to the tank running dry, wrap an old towel round it to catch the drips and leave 10 mins then close it again,
Thank you! Do I fully turn the valve clockwise till I cannot? Do you know how long I should roughly wait before checking for hot water and the heating?

Thank you! Do I fully turn the valve clockwise till I cannot? Do you know how long I should roughly wait before checking for hot water and the heating?
If it is filling about 10 mins should do it, you would be best switching the heating and HW off then switch it back on after filling

After doing everything and turning everything back on, on the ideal boiler I have the fault code with fd which means no water flow.

Any ideas on how to solve this ?

Reset the boiler
I have tried resetting it but it is not working and the thermostat for the central heating has been shut down by itself. I've also turned the valve clockwise again fully. Thanks for all the help, but I wonder if I should just call an engineer in haha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back