No Hot Water But Rads working fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I removed a radiator to decorate after draining my gravity fed system.

The valves are now capped and I will be replacing the radiator at the weekend. In the mean time I am able to get central heating but I have no hot water.

Will this return when I add the radiator at the weekend or is it likely to be the result of air in the system?

If so any advice on restoring my hot water?

Thanks for advice as always...

Sponsored Links
Hi 45yearsagasman,

Thanks for the reply.

The hot cylinder (open vented) and cold water tank are up in the loft on same level.

There is a morotised pump next to the hot cylinder I assumed this was for the central heating?

Sponsored Links
The grey plastic pipework around the hot water tank looks interesting, I'd like to see a few pics from diferent angles of that.
Air is a likely candidate for your problem

The only images I have at moment are:

The grey pipe runs from my black cold water tank to the hot cylinder with integral f&e. I replaced the missing rad earlier but still no hot water. Where is best place to look for air?

All pipes leaving the cylinder are cold, the wilo pump is running. I loosened the central screw advised elsewhere and there was some gurgling then nothing. On closer inspection I can see a mechanism spinning but no water. Is this how it is supposed to look?

I want to avoid loosening fittings up there if there is a chance it could be anything else.

For any future readers I was able to fix the problem by connecting my cold wshing machine pipe to my unused hot washing machine pipe and flushing 4-5 times at 20 second bursts. This pushed the airlock out and now the water is hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back