no hot water from mixer kitchen tap?

A

angelf

How can u get rid of an airlock in a kitchen sink -hot tap-when u have only one spout (mixer tap). Need help asap. Ta m

Sponsored Links
What caused the airlock?
Do you have a problem wth any other taps?

I've been called in to "sort it out". A new kitchen was put in -with the taps. Its a ground floor flat, no boiler -just a combi cylinder with header tank attached. Hot water to bath/wash basin taps ok but miles better than to kitchen sink.
I thought it might be an air lock but with only one spout on kitchen tap how do I run water from mains cold up the hot spout to get rid of air lock if it is one?
Also normal hoses used to drain down systems will not fit on any of the taps. Think taps may be foreign..hope not?
Any suggestions as to how to sort this problem out would be gratefullly accepted. Cheers M ;)

Might be a blockage if its new plumbing done by a builder (sorry builders)
What is the connection to the new mixer are they flexibles are there any valves there are they on, can you remove the hot pipe & see if you get flow from the pipe

Sponsored Links
More likley the imported tap requires a high pressure water feed that the combi tank can't provide.

if it is a combi cylinder in a flat the pressure is down to gravity, i bet the highest part of the new taps are a couple of inches higher ( and may be microbore supplies) which although it doesn't sound much will drastically reduce the pressure/flow at the tap,

Yip....taps are a couple of inches above & microbore....so if I
a) supply & fit low pressure taps or taps with no "swan like" features
b) check for blockages (yes there are awkwardly placed isolation valves
c) fit taps that are closer in height to the sink...then flow will be better?

Thanks for all your help m:cool:

if you fit individual lower taps with 15mm supplies it will help, but the pressure will never be great, you could also check the water level in the tank and increase (by adjusting the ballcock) as much as possible, ultimately it is the horizontal distance between the tank and the tap in relation to the height of the water level in the tank that determines the pressure, good luck

kirkgas-thank you for ur advice. Horizontal distance to height is small in both cases. Will do the job tomorrow so will let u know how I get on. Ur a star.
Thank u m

kirk gas-thank you. Got the flow from the taps increased-not brilliant but miles better than it was-ur help /advise was invaluable. Thank you :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back