No hot water, No airlock - What could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
Ignore, just read first post properly :oops:

This is a bit like playing pass the parcel :confused:

Started off thinking it was a dodgy tap, then supply to cylinder which may or may not have any water in it, yet alone hot. Then we have to find out how it's heated to see if the immersion has burnt out. Now we have a boiler with no clue of what make, nor any controllers, nor cylinder stat.

:confused: :confused:

Potterton suprema 40 boiler
hortsmann C27 controller
immersion heater works when switched locally
if cylinder stat temperature increased boiler fires

Sponsored Links
So you have cold water coming from the hot taps, yes.

Is the draw off at the top of the cylinder hot?

What are you referring to? Replacement stat is simple - it's all there with wires in place.

Since you have got water coming out of the hot taps, then there is no problem with any valve from the cold water tanks. I there was, and it was jammed closed, then you would have no water at all fom the hot taps.

As you now have a tank of hot water, if you turn on a tap, does the pipe get hot beyond the tee' 'cos it should do!

I cleared the airblock by connecting the w/m h&c together and forcing cold through the system.

I am told there may be an airblock on the primary coil and should change the pump speed to shunt out the block

Does this sound correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back