No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I joined this website so i could get help from other people without spending lots of money for no reason.
My problem is the hot water tap in the bathroom. When i turn it on it's just a trickle which stops after about a minute (hence no hot water), yet the shower works perfectly well (hot all the time).
The hot water tap in the kitchen works perfectly well.

All i ask is for some nice person to tell me that this problem is easy to fix.
Please HELP
:(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It sounds like your tap is of the conventional rubber washered type, rather than the 1/4 turn ceramic insert.
The problem is the washer or 'jumper' is blocking the water flow and has to be renewed.
You have to remove the tap insert (after isolating the water supply, naturally). This involves removing the tap top that you turn (often a screw hidden under the hot / cold sign) and then removing the tap insert with an adjustable spanner. The washer problem should then be visible, or you can buy complete inserts if you prefer.
If you go for a replacement or repair, turn the tap insert on before screwing it back in to the tap body.
Post a pic if this doesn't help, but whatever happens, prevent the tap body from turning as this could interfere with the water connection underneath.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back