no immersion heater !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..I have a central heating boiler that recently stopped working..I thought that we had an immersion heater (as a stand by) but I now know we do Not...I have the electrical switch for one close to and inside the airing cupboard which lights up (with red light ) but no wire connecting switch to water tank...I also have an entry point at top of the water tank (blocked off )..will it be possible to have immersion heating element fitted into the water tank as a stand by should the boiler fail again in the future ?..also if possible what is a ball park figure to costs ?...many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes, in theory at least!

I will only fit these on the clear understanding that if the tank fails when undoing the old heater or the plug then its at the customer's own risk.

If its a top entry 27" immersion element then I usually charge about £98 to fit a new element using a standard copper element when replacing or to an existing switched fused spur. About £10 for longer life incaloy type.

If its a standard side entry element then usually about £148 because they are very time consuming to drain by hose! If two elements the extra £36 to replace the second one at the same time which I recommend.

Tony

Thanks Tony ...now I know that it could be possible...I will arrange for someone to take a look....I just did not want to arrange for someone to view it and then say its not a possible thing to do....cheers for the approx costs also....many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back