No lintel above window

Hi again
ShyTalkz said wouldn't work if no triangular loading pattern above.
There's a bedroom window above and if you look at the picture link I've added I've highlighted a crach going up in a diagonal line( the crack is a brick below the red line if you look closely and only on the right side)
Does this indicate a triangular load where the force above is pushing the bricks to the side down to the edge of the window below, forcing a crack to appear in this way?
Having seen this picture what lintel would be advised to be installed or is the advice the same as before.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/johnsmoker/windowOUTSIDE.jpg

Very amusing squabble by the way

Sponsored Links
Hi John,

[/ShyTalkz said wouldn't work if no triangular loading pattern above

ShyTalkkz didn't actually say that, if you read it closely. However, the cracking is typical in these scenarios (where the loading is not adequeatley supported). Either of the catnic lintels I referenced will be sufficient.

Other lintel manufacturers are availible :cool:

Sponsored Links
Yep, typical crack pattern and there's enough height of masonry above for the load on the lintel to be taken as a triangular one. And the Catnics suggested by Hotrod are suitable (and many other types :)).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back