No pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Ideal Classis ff350 boiler. I don't have any hot water. I can't see a pilot light through the viewing window. When I turn the boiler off and on again apparently the pilot light should light but it doesn't. Absolutely nothing happens. No clicking, no sound. Nothing. Should I hear anything?

Is it possible that a fuse has blown and there's no electricity to the boiler which is why the pilot light won't light?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Jon

Sponsored Links
Hello again

The boiler has started working. I have no idea how, but the important thing is that it now is!

So now my problem is with my Boilermate 2000.

My actual problem has always been no hot water. I thought it was because of the boiler, but that now appears to be working again.

I've taken the front off the Boilermate 2000, and the correct combination of LEDs light up when I switch the heating on, and I can feel one of the pumps working, which is good.

But when I open a hot tap, LED bar 3 (signifying "Heating pump on") should light up ( but it doesn't) and the domestic hot water pump should run (it doesn't appear to). I'm not sure which of the 3 pumps should be working (the one connected to "primary return (to boiler)", the one connected to "Central heating flow", or the one connected to "Drain"). It is the "Central heating flow" one which vibrates when I turn on the heating. Confusingly (to me) the pipe labelled "Hot supply to taps" does not appear to have a pump connected.

So, does this look like I need a new hot water pump? And if so, which of the three pumps mentioned above is the one that needs replacing?

This all started because I decided to see what would happen if I turned off the mains switch to my Boilermate 2000. That was a silly thing to do in hindsight... I had plenty of hot water until I did that...

Again, any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jon

Oops, I see that the original subject (No pilot light) has remained.

I'll repost with a new subject heading. Is that the correct protocol?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back