No point in buying a Miele

Sponsored Links
I have been involved in servicing ISE machines for a major pub chain and the only reason I've ended up having to service them is because of misuse by the staff (stuffing them full of mopheads which disinergrate for example !!) so I can recommend them. With Miele what happens is the engineer comes out with a laptop plugs it in and it tells them how many hours its worked,been overdosed or overloaded and what programs the customer has been using mostly plus whether you have been performing the required maintance wash at the required times all this effects that 10 year g'tee :!:

Sponsored Links
i buy the cheapest appliance i can as long as they have the functions i want, never buy an extended warrenty and chuck it in the bin when it breaks, some last years and some last guarantee plus 1 week, who cares, everything is so cheap now anyway, i would never buy a top of the range name, as this post describes exactly how they treat you

And I take the stuff you throw in the bin for little reason, fix it with minimal effort, and proceed to use it for years longer.

I think Miele are being perfectly reasonable, the OP is giving the machine commercial use. 1000 Hrs per year is 19 Hrs per week. If your familly need to run a machine more than 19 Hrs a week then sort yourselves out. I suspect it's like so many customers today, obsessed with cleaning everything too often for just the slightest mark, then overload the machine and then blame it and the manufacturer for their own unreasonable behavior.

I had a Miele would never buy another, when I rang their technical helpline would not offer any advice or info whatsoever, crap service.

Idiots.

I'm sure the best thing to do is buy something that is not the cheapest and not the most expensive but I haven't got the first idea where you should go in between. I bet the manufacturer knows but he won't be telling.

Though we did buy a new tumble dryer recently. As the price of electricity to run these is horrendous it made sense to try and do a prediction on total cost of ownership.

We decided to buy a far more expensive condenser/heat pump type machine which uses less electricity per cycle. I reckoned that if it lasts 6 years we will be saving money on the electricity compared with the £199 ones you get and which just pump your money out of a hole in the wall.

I think Miele are being perfectly reasonable, the OP is giving the machine commercial use. 1000 Hrs per year is 19 Hrs per week. If your familly need to run a machine more than 19 Hrs a week then sort yourselves out. I suspect it's like so many customers today, obsessed with cleaning everything too often for just the slightest mark, then overload the machine and then blame it and the manufacturer for their own unreasonable behavior.
Theres a lot in this, too.

You can get a washing machine for £200 and this will be of a quality that allows you to wash clothes in your house for 3-5 years I would say.

Miele sell theirs for over a grand. Isn't it reasonable to expect that machine to last considerably longer and to be able to handle a lot more than standard domestic use?

I'd say if you pay £1000 for a washing machine (when you can get them for £200) then it should be able to stand upto the requirements of a neurotic housewife/husband.

Sponsored Links
Back