no power ademco accord control unit - alarm about to sound eak!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a fire in my house a year ago and at that time all the power was cut from my house, the alarm rang for a while until I think the battery died in the bell unit.

Once power was restored it looked like the alarm was working again however after a few months I noticed that the keypad and the rest of the alarm was not working.

It looked like the battery in the control unit had died so I bought a new one - once installed all the lights came on in the keypad and the tamper alarm came on so I thought job done!

However I noticed that there does not actually seem to be any power going to the control unit as there is no wee light stating it has power, so it looks like it is just running off the battery.

I decided to just disconnect the battery until I have time to sort it out however the outside bell then sounded and obviously I am unable to turn it off as the battery is disconnected, once connected again I can disarm it.

So my problem is that when the battery runs down in a few hours the outside bell will ring and I will have no way of disarming it.

I changed the fuse going in the white box just above the control unit and it looks like the three clear fuses on the board are not blown.

What can I do to stop the outside alarm sounding?

Sponsored Links
have you tested you have power entering the panel?

you have to start tracing it backwards, so you need a multimeter to test, to find out where you have power upto.

There appears to be power entering the panel - just had a mate over to check it with a multimeter! There looks like some kind of transformer which does not have any power going to it. All the other fuses seem fine.

How can I disable the outside alarm. Kind of wishing I had just left alone now and not stuck in a new battery!

Normal checks ...mains 240v ac going in ....at internal fuse block ....240v ac coming out of internal fuse block ....if not check the pull out fuse and replace .....then check output from transformer 15 - 22 v ac ....if ok ...now check if pcb has transformer input fuse ( not all panels )

Sponsored Links
well as suggested above, power comes from a spur of the consumer unit to the panel.

You test and keep testing until you find out where you have power if at all.

Pcb side is DC (14VDC), everything else is AC, AC out of the transformer has been stepped down, so coming out would be say 20V AC and going into the transformer 240VAC, and then tracking back to the spur if there is one and back to the consumer unit.

so how far have you traced it back?

IMG_1628.PNG
Has the fuse been checked as per diagram ? The 200ma one

Came in from work, alarm been going off all day, neighbors raging and it stopped just before I got home! Happy Days!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back