Scantronic 9448+ and 9427 control panel help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We had a power cut with the strong winds last week. Since then my alarm has stopped working.

When I turned the power on the main unit internal buzzer was sounding so i flipped the fuse for the alarm system.

Now when I turn the power on to the alarm there is no power light on the main unit or keypad but the keypad is illuminated. I have a new battery for it.

Any ideas.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
First step would be totally power down inc battery , wait 30 secs and power up mains ,alarm should go off on power up, if your code does not stop it enter 1234 if this now stops it , you may have to reprogram the system

Hi. Thanks for reply.

When I flip the mains fuse for alarm nothing happens. The backlight on the keypad lights up and makes tone when keys are pressed. Also the motion sensors in the house flash red when movement is detected.

Sponsored Links
I removed the battery and powered down. I will power up tomorrow as it's late now do not want to disturb neighbours .

When I power up will I connect the battery first or just power up without battery.

Last time I powered up without battery only key pad lit up no power light on main unit or key pad though.

Hi. Replaced one of the fuses on pcb as it was blown. Turn the power on with no battery connected and the power light does not illuminate on main unit or key Pad. The keypad lights up and the interior motion sensors are working?. There is a tone when keys are pressed on keypad but nothing happens.

Have you tried 1234 ? You may have to put it in twice ...
Check all outputs with multimeter
Aux , battery , keypad power for 13.8 v dc approx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back