No power to boiler (have checked other posts!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have checked other posts but these don't seem to answer my question. My boiler is completely dead. Nothing on the LED display.

The manual says "If '0' is NOT displayed then NOT a boiler fault". The boiler has no display at all, therefore I'm assuming the fault is electrical? The boiler has it's own isolator switch but I can't see a fuse anywhere on the outside or the inside of the switch. Our main board (only a year old) has NOT tripped.

Any advice please? Do I need an electrician or heating engineer?

Many thanks[/u]

Sponsored Links
Get a boiler man, they will be able to check for voltage at the switch and the boiler connections.

Fortunately I got my crystal ball back from the cleaners yesterday so I'm guess your boiler is an ideal icos/isar?

If so I would hazard a guess it's a common fault with the boiler electrics and you need a boiler man.

Sponsored Links
petit_pablo - your cleaner did a good job on the crystal ball. Ha ha. Yes it is an Ideal (but 8 years old though - am I doing well?!)

Thanks to all for the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back