no power to vaillant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i found this site whilst trying to solve my boiler problem. looks a great site and i hope someone could help me.
i have a vaillant ecotec pro boiler. the hot water stopped working the other day so i checked the boiler to find the pressure had dropped to almost zero. so i topped it back up again but it wont switch on and has no power to it. i've checked the fuse in the pcb and changed the 3amp fuse but no joy, nothing has tripped. any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've never had one go, but I believe there is a thermal link at the top of the Giannoni heat exchanger.

I'm reliably informed that if this goes, there is a reasonable chance you will need a whole new heat exchanger due to the temperature it fails at.

Not sure if it crudely cuts the power or comes up on the display as a fault code. If it is the former it would explain the circumstances.

sorry my knowledge on boilers is very basic at best. whats LNE?

Sorry but you've already said you changed the PCB fuse, just assumed you knew what you were doing.

Live Neutral Earth=power supply to boiler, it's well marked just follow the cable going into the boiler and test with a multi-meter set to 600 ACV

yeah i realised what LNE was after i posted. sounded a right thicko i bet. i just wondered if it was something easy i could of done before calling someone out. thought there might be a reset switch or something

yeah i realised what LNE was after i posted. sounded a right thicko i bet. i just wondered if it was something easy i could of done before calling someone out. thought there might be a reset switch or something

If there's no display on the boiler then you won't be able to reset it if there is a reset button.

If there's power going to the boiler and no display then it's more than likely a board problem but I'm not familiar with Valliant boilers just talking generally like.

i've been hoping it wasn't the board but it looks that way. thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back