no vent pipe?

M

mah

here goes. i was workin with my old boss today whos a meber of the iphe so knows what hes doing, went to a y plan three port system that was being supplid by a 22mm cold feed from the expansion pipe on the return,yet no open vent. the pump is on the return the three port is on flow,and on the return tapping of the hot water cylinder. also theres reverse circulation due to wrongly teed in.theres little height for a vent from the flow to stop pumping over,he said you could get away with no vent as altering the system could be a complete rip out and start afresh and put a prv and a aav would help. would this be correct im only an apprentice and a bit confused any help would be appreciated if this would be ok

Sponsored Links
No problem with a combined feed and vent as long as it's in 22mm.

so thats what a combined vent and feed is thanks i thought it was when the vent pipe branches of the feed. is it worth putting a prv in then

Sponsored Links
also ollski the boiler was a grandee oil boiler wich i noticed was at least about 1-2 m above the tank yet working on a one pipe system without a tiger loop. its been workin about 4-5 months without any problems. how i thought an oil boiler cant work this way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back