Noise in system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning people
About a month ago we have been noticing especially first thing in the morning when we turn on the hot water quite a loud humming sound
It lasts for about 30secs and th3n that’s it for the day usually
It sounds like a build up of air in the system, my question is why has this suddenly start happening and what should I do about the problem
Your suggestions will be most welcome and thanking you in advance
Ps
It is not a loft water system but mains with large water tank

Sponsored Links
Have you got a vented or unvented HW cylinder?, your last sentence above might indicate a unvented cylinder. If so, can you see what pressure the cylinder TPRV (temperature and pressure relief valve) is set to and also the pressure setting on the expansion relief valve after the PRV on the cold feed to the HW cylinder.

Hi John
Thanks John for reply
You might as well be speaking Chinese to me my friend so I’ll posta video if it helps

Sponsored Links
Sorry .. cant access that .. you need to upload your vid to the media library on this site, then embed/link to is in the post.

Look at the top of this page and click on media drop down arrow, then select your media. Then add new media, create a new personal library then upload the vid to it. Then link back to it here.

Attachments

• B8114C82-78D7-43EC-A578-02455EDE68B8.jpeg
    B8114C82-78D7-43EC-A578-02455EDE68B8.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 35
Ok people bear with me, as you probably worked out I’m not the greatest with computers i will come back to you

>About a month ago we have been noticing especially first thing in the morning when we turn on the hot water quite a loud humming sound<

From the video looks like an unvented system with a heat-only boiler feeding a hot water tank for domestic HW. I see a diverter valve so if the 'humming' only happens when there's a call on HW I'd check if that valve was sticking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back