Noisey Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be hiring another plumber to sort my very loud toilet i had fitted recently. What i want to know if it is supposed to be a quiet flush, which it is. What could the original fitter have done to cause it to be so loud filling the cistern?

Sponsored Links
possibly the flow restrictor was not fitted, they come with all WCs they are used on high pressure systems and left out of low pressure systems. Just an idea mind

possibly the flow restrictor was not fitted, they come with all WCs they are used on high pressure systems and left out of low pressure systems. Just an idea mind

That makes sense to me, as i was told about this a while back , now it makes sense. cheers

Sponsored Links
if that fails then check the inlet valve for dirt as when this was installed dirt can interfear the valve when the water has been restored as sedement can be shifted by the stop tap so check and inspect the diaphragm for debris and flush through using the isolator as a tap owhilst dismantled to get rid of any possible remaining dirt good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back