noisy central heating system

C

cotters

Hi We have a potterton glowworm system in the house that we have had for over 20 years on the y plan system with a tank in the airing cupoboard and a loft tank to feed the hot water.

The boiler still lights ok and the pump has never been replaced.

Recently the system has started to make a niose rather like wind gusting outside past the window which is noticable especiually early in the morning. It reduces after a while but thn when the boiler stops and relights after a few mins it starts again.

I am going to get it replaced in the new year when the mortgage finishes and so i wondered if there was anything i could do in the meantime to avoid spening loads on it now. The pump is ok as i have purt a listening stick on it and its not coming from there. the main boiler stat is set to about 65 (not full heat)

if anyone has any ideas on a quick fix i wold appreciate it to buy some time. As i say it works ok apart from the niose and the rads are all fully heated so theres no air in the system that i can see.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
thank you Mr Mod but this was my very first post apart from helping someone else first....
and my last

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back