Central heating problem

Regarding the vent it is currently on the opposite side of the airing cupboard, would this need to be cut as close to the floor as possible and reconnected below the pump?
When you mention the pump, do you suggest moving it higher to allow the vent and cold water feed to be connected?
Cap off cold feed, this would be at the 15mm t junction at the bottom of the tank?

Sponsored Links
Regarding the vent is currently on the opposite side of the airing cupboard, would this need to be cut as close to the floor as possible and reconnected below the pump?
When you mention the pump needs to be above

Knocked up a rough sketch of what I think you need to achieve. The Pump needs removing from current position, (assuming that's the vent going off from the pump up into the loft), so its fitted after the Vent and cold feed. This puts the vent and cold feed on the suction side of the pump, and coupling them in close together cancels them out and creates a neutral point to prevent pumping over.

Attachments

• Heating Sketch.jpg
    Heating Sketch.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 131
The pipe to the right of the picture right of the hot water cylinder B7C38571-ED54-4DB4-A254-14B390F8220D.jpeg is currently the vent pipe, the pipe that continues above the pump terminates just above with a bleeding valve on it to get the air out.
I really appreciate your help

Sponsored Links
Knocked up a rough sketch of what I think you need to achieve. The Pump needs removing from current position, (assuming that's the vent going off from the pump up into the loft), so its fitted after the Vent and cold feed. This puts the vent and cold feed on the suction side of the pump, and coupling them in close together cancels them out and creates a neutral point to prevent pumping over.
I don't think the open vent should be across the top of a tee like that, as it will add to the risk of overpumping. Better to to take it from the top of a horizontal run. And the cold feed preferably up and under (no more than 150mm from the open vent) to reduce convection in the pipe warming the F/E tank, with risk of algae growth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back