Noisy Glow worm boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently shut off both hot and cold water supplies to change some tap washers (why does that never stop the drips?)

Since then my boiler makes banging noises, which, as its situated in the garage directly beneath the main bedroom and it fires every night at 2.am, is driving me nuts.

The 'pub consensus' is a small air lock, the plumber who came today said it was just the pipes expanding and contracting, strange they choose to do this after laying silent for 5 years

I realise boilers are dangerous things so probably wont attempt this myself, would value any opinions anyway

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an air pocket. I had a similar event last year in my c.h. system, which was fixed by temporarily increasing the pump flow level. The air pocket then "burped" it's way to the tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back