Noisy Pipes....

B

Barry505

Hi all,

Im sure this has been raised in the forum before but ive had a look and am currently a bit stuck.

Once the hot water has been on and the cold water pipe in the attic is filling the storage tank again the pipe leading to it is making a very loud squealling noise.

Ive been in the attic and if you hold the pipe in a different position the noise temporarily stops until the flow of water in to the tank slows and then it starts again. I cant get it in to a position for it to be completly silent all the time. some of the positions which i held it in stopped the water flow completly.

Can any one advise on what my next move is? I feel that calling someone in would be a bit over the top but im currently scratching my head.

Cheers

Barry

Sponsored Links
Simply replace the ball valve assembly. They can be refurbed but its hardly worth the effort.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant thanks guys I replaced the ball and cock and problems sorted. Cheers for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back