Non clickable links

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i have to do a online assesment for Network Rail, The 2 links iv'e been sent, well when i hover on them, nothing happens, i cannot copy to put in my browse, as it won't do anything when i right click or otherwise.
I also have to, (think iv'e done it) download java, also allow pop ups as the test information says i will need this. Iv'e allowed popups in Firefox, i think i have as i could not find the o.k. button, but the site test no longer says i need to address that issue (it did before i allowed popups).
But the test site keeps saying i need java but my computer says java is operational, the test site says it also may not detect java, even though it is there.
So, i will go along with java is in operation, but i thought if i addressed these 2 issues, it would sort my non clickable links out, but hasn't, i have 5 days to do the test, but really need to get this sorted, i really need this job so badly, it's my dream to get back on the rail. please help, thank you.

Sponsored Links
If by any chance they have gone to your spam folder many providers like Yahoo grey out the links.
If you are TOTALLY HAPPY that the mails are genuine, moving them to Inbox will make the links operational.

I have opened in chrome, it does the same, they went to my inbox by arrangement, i was expecting the letter. Never had this before, wonder if a computer shop could help.

Sponsored Links
Maybe a silly question sorry if it is, but have you tried typing the links in manually?

forgot to mention the links come in a pdf, i haevn't tried to type them as of yet as the link is very tiny and very long, that will be as a last resort as my daughter will have to do it for me (that small) and am not sure but i think i'm timed on the test as it says something about that, i know there are other links once opened, so don't want to have to type every link if that is the case. what about the pdf?

Just a thought but it has happened to me in the past where I was using an old XP machine and a local council had sent stuff that was produced in a later format on some super duper new machine, so I was unable to open or work with it. I would feel inclined to contact them and see if that is the case.
I don't think it's a deliberate test to see how you cope. :sneaky::sneaky:

I don't think it's a deliberate test to see how you cope.

I actually wrote then deleted this in my last post.......weird

EDIT
may wait till tonight to see if anyone else has the answer, thanks. EDIT ; It does actually say if i have probs opening to contact them.

Well, got this sorted out, my daughter opened it in Chrome, copied it using ctrl and c, then pasted using Ctrl and v, may not be new to you but is to me, thanks for trying.

Sponsored Links
Back