non-combustible board for fake chimney breast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a chimney breast from non-combustible materials. I've got a metal C-stud frame but I'm looking for some board to screw to it, before finishing with a high temp. plaster. The only board I can find is Promatect 250 which I can't find stocked anywhere near London (incl. Wickes & B&Q). I only need 1 8'x4' sheet, and it looks like I'll end up paying £40 delivery for 1 £30 sheet.

Are there any alternatives?

Sponsored Links
That's basically what I need (strictly non-combustible rather than fire/heat resistent) but I can't find it stocked anywhere

building supply centres?

wickes and barbie Q can come in handy but you should have plenty of building centres around you,,,,and you can ask for discount,,remember this when your at the counter ;)

Sponsored Links
if you dont want to use fire proof plasterboard cant you order the supalux or promatect and go pick it up when it arrives?

or just try any one of your local building centres for a similar product

I'll have a ring around tomorrow. b&q, wickes and screwfix have always been my first port of call, and if they haven't had something quite specific I resort to the internet. I'm just really surprised that those 3 suppliers don't stock a non-combustible plasterboard substitute, so I thought I may have been missing something.

I'll have a ring around tomorrow. b&q, wickes and screwfix have always been my first port of call, and if they haven't had something quite specific I resort to the internet. I'm just really surprised that those 3 suppliers don't stock a non-combustible plasterboard substitute, so I thought I may have been missing something.

iam not nocking those three you just mentioned as i use them for certain bits but you really need to have a look around your local building centres,,,,you can walk around the yard or warehouse to see what they stock or just ask at the counter and they type away,,,give you a price,,,,you say,,,'is that the best you can do',,,and they type abit more and give you another price :LOL:

cement particle board... that's very helpful, thank-you. I foresaw having to explain how fire-resistent isn't the same as non-combustible. Asking for cement particle board should avoid that discussion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back