Non Gas safe gas work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've yet to read about anybody being charged for doing 'norty' jobs if they were done right, even though they were not gas safe registered.

I can only find examples of people causing mayhem with unsafe work that get charged.

Has anyone ever been charged with doing the job right? What would the charge be?

Regardless of whether a person is gas safe or not - the manufacturer is still obligated under statutory rights to fix a faulty boiler.

That is why there is so much rogue gas work done.

So what do you lot think of that then?

Sponsored Links
I think that's why you're haunting this part of the forum joe. Making your provocative statements to try and elicit reactions from people that might help you to glean a bit more know how on how boilers work.
I bet you used to tell your dad ' I wanna be a gas safe engineer when I grow up'. :LOL:
And now you've got the hump that we've got a 'secret' forum that you can't get in and read the good stuff.
So now you've given up on getting your card and you just going to go out and do it anyway....tut tut tut.

No I don't touch boilers. I'll change pumps, 3 way valves and rads but not boilers.

I find them to be a very simple device and can't for the life of me understand why professional boiler fitters are clueless as to how they should be fixed and what is wrong with them.

Sponsored Links
I find them to be a very simple device and can't for the life of me understand why professional boiler fitters are clueless as to how they should be fixed and what is wrong with them.

A nurse can give pills to a patient and feed him!

But it takes a doctor who had done three years longer training to be able to diagnose the problem or a surgeon with 10 years training to do invasive operations! [/b]

And he still charges less than a short course gas fitter.

I've yet to read about anybody being charged for doing 'norty' jobs if they were done right, even though they were not gas safe registered.

I can only find examples of people causing mayhem with unsafe work that get charged.

Has anyone ever been charged with doing the job right? What would the charge be?

Regardless of whether a person is gas safe or not - the manufacturer is still obligated under statutory rights to fix a faulty boiler.

Wrong again Joe some Manufacturers will refuse to honour the warranty if the Benchmark is not complete and present and you must be Gas safe registered to complete all fields

Wrong again Joe some Manufacturers will refuse to honour the warranty if the Benchmark is not complete and present and you must be Gas safe registered to complete all fields

That is only for the extended warranty. Your statutory rights cover you for the first year.

But no-one has ever been charged.

One from 2012 - R. v Jonathan (Stephen Thomas), A total sentence of two years' imprisonment imposed following guilty pleas by an offender who had exposed persons to the risk of serious injury or death by pretending to be a qualified gas fitter, and who had continued to accept jobs even after being warned not to do so by the industry regulator

Yes I read that case but he was a complete cowboy that didn't have a clue.

That is only for the extended warranty. Your statutory rights cover you for the first year.

No Joe You are wrong, if the boiler is not installed as per the MIs then they can legally refuse any warranty, I do warranty work for 3 manufacturers and have walked away from brand new installs when representing all 3 at some time or another

Not if the installation bears no relation to the fault. If the unit is faulty then under your rights it isn't fit for purpose.

You can't walk away from statutory rights - that's why they are on the statute books.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back