Non latching pull switch wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, Following on from some previous posts, I am trying to get a ceiling pull switch (Mains lighting rated) that will not latch. It was suggested to me that this is called a 'retractable pull switch'. Looking on the internet I can only find the type that they use in Disabled toilets for the alarm - with the red chord, and these are not from somewhere I can drive to and pick one up.

I would like to know if anyone knows where i can get one from. Ideally one in white from a retailer than will not require postage etc.

Alternativly, does any one know of a make of pullchord that can be modified by taking the spring out of for example to achieve what I want?

Thanks.

This issue is preventing carpet being layed in my little girls room. Big trouble.

Sponsored Links
Why do you want it ?

And what is wrong with pulling the wiring through and being able to 'close' down the kids fllor for carpeting ?

Sponsored Links
Yes Mr Flameport you are entirley correct. I will order one asap.

Thanks.

Now i just need to find a replacement white chord. They must sell those seperately?

I still think BAS' idea of a humidistat would be much better - then you're not relying on your family members remembering to pull the fan cord every time they use the bathroom. There's an xpelair one designed specifically to be used with your fan (you mention the DX100T in that other thread), but any would most likely do.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/XPXRH.html

Thanks for your help everyone.

This switch will provide exactly what I want. If I ever have to replace the fan, I might get one with a built in humidistat, but with the switch at least it can be put on for other reasons too, if you can imagine!

Choped out the wall in the hall way for the isolator, I am going to drop the cable for the pull switch tonight, carpet being fitted upstairs next week.

Just need a gas supply, hot water plumbing, fit my shower and then i will be able to test it out. LOL.

I see how you want the fan to be triggered.

What I can't get my head around is the need for a retractive switch because users would be able to cope with the idea of pulling the cord to start it running but be incapable of pulling it twice if you had a normal switch....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back