Non standard bedroom door needed...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I've just managed to lock myself in one of our bedrooms due to a duff mortice bolt, and after unsuccessfully attacking the lock with a variety of implements (because I was locked in with my toolbox), the only way I could get out was to kick down the door. The frame has survived but the door is unsalvageable, so I'm in the market for a new one.

This particular bedroom was originally a garage, and the doorway is of different dimensions to the standard doorways in the rest of the property. To fit the non standard doorway, the door which I need to replace has been cut down to 705mm wide x 1920mm high.

I'm presuming that the so called "hollow core" doors sold by the likes of B and Q would not be suitable for resizing to that degree? If not, could someone please point me in the direction of a door supplier who could sell me a solid wooden 6 panel internal door which would be suitable for resizing to the above dimensions?

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's probably about as close as I'm going to get without having to totally butcher the door. Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back