non standard size brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a property that I recently bought. I just got my boiler flux changed and have a problem with the hole left from the previous one.

It was a rectangular grill sort of thing and I know have a standard tube coming through a brick wall. I wanted to use a few brick and cement to do a clean job of putting back a few bricks.

My problem is that it's non standard size bricks. the height is 9cm instead of the standard 6.5 or 7.3.
I need only 6 of them and after looking on the internet for a few hours, I can't find anything at all. I can't buy them anywhere, don't seem to even exist, except in homebase, which is a US website...

Does anyone know where I can source some bricks like that in the UK ? preferably near London ?

many Thanks

Sponsored Links
you'd be better off moving this to building section

Use the alert moderators button at the bottom of your post

When they moved to metric it ****ed a lot of stuff up,

I had to pay an extra 40p per brick to do an extention

Ok I will change it, thanks.

I don't mind paying them a bit more, I need only 6... But I guess that will also be the problem ....

Sponsored Links
Ok I will change it, thanks.

I don't mind paying them a bit more, I need only 6... But I guess that will also be the problem ....

You need to find a good builders yard that stock a lot of different type brick.

I've done something like 4 already. 2 of them didn't even know you could have 9cm bricks...

It's a Modular brick size, more common in the USA, but you can get them here.

Also your local council maintenance dept. may be able to help you locate some...pinenot :)

Thanks for the help,
I'll see what I can do with your ideas and links and let you know if I'm successful :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back