not all raidators heat up try thing in the faqs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry put this in the wrong place orginally

so i have 8 x 6.5 meters of radatiors i am in a 3 bed 1950s semi so its of
average size, my combi boiler runs my ch and hot water i can only get some rads to heat up if i turn of the ones that are on then the ones that are cold heat up but one stays cold in one corner, once i turn the other rads back on these go cold again, i have tried all the things suggested in faqs so any idea what my problem could be and whats size kw boiler should i have for my system, i curently have a logic combi boiler, thanks for any advice in advance guys

Sponsored Links
A combi boiler will be big enough for your eight rads.

The rad which always stays cold may have air in it and need bleeding. Do this when the boiler is off and adjust the boiler pressure afterwards. If no air, it could be one of the valves is closed. Check if either of the pipes connected to the rad gets hot.

If you can get rads hot, but not all at the same time, you have a balancing problem. There are detailed instructions in How to balance a CH system.

However you can get reasonable results as follows:

Remove all TRV heads and set all wheel valves fully open.

Set all lockshield (LS) valves - the one at opposite end to wheel/TRV - to a quarter turn open.

Let the system warm up and check each rad. Any which are much too hot should have the LS valve closed a fraction (eighth turn or less) and those which are too cool opened a fraction.

i have 8 x 6.5 meters of radatiors i am in a 3 bed 1950s semi so its of
6.5 metres is 21 feet. One hell of a rad.
It must be one hell of a 3 bed semi to have 8 walls that are all over 21 feet long.

I think this needs clarification.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back