Not content with fiddling expenses,,,,,,,

J

joinerjohn

As the title suggests,,, Our MP's now think they are worth an increase in salary of ,,,, wait for it,,,,,, 32%.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20978487 This , at a time when they are limiting pay rises and increases in benefits.
I still wonder what planet these gross bas***ds think they live on.
Bloody outrageous.

Sponsored Links
I thought this was interesting :rolleyes:

Tories said their salary should be £96,740, while Lib Dems thought the right amount was £78,361 and Labour £77,322. Other parties put the figure at £75,091.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I assume they are not including their 'other jobs' in this figure...

Our particular elected t*rd had a directorship worth 30k for a company that just happened to win some government contracts...When he made it into the cabinet, he had to relinquish the post due to a 'conflict of interest'...

Mysteriously he was still paid the exact same amount through a third party 'businessman'!

Sponsored Links
When you consider that 250 BBC executives earn more than the prime minister - something is wrong. MPs should earn more than civil servants and GPs - but they don't earn anywhere near that amount.

When you consider that 250 BBC executives earn more than the prime minister - something is wrong. MPs should earn more than civil servants and GPs - but they don't earn anywhere near that amount.

A member of parliment should never earn more than a GP

What is wrong is that for the well paid it is always a 'race to the top', whilst for everyone else it is the opposite...

Maybe you ought to say (if that is what you believe) is that civil servants and GPs should earn less than MP's... ;)

That's what I am saying. Why should the boss of the BBC earn many times what the PM earns? Which is the most important job?

That's what I am saying. Why should the boss of the BBC earn many times what the PM earns? Which is the most important job?

The BBC aren't telling everyone they should have less money, whilst at the same time demanding a 32% pay rise. Also, being the PM isn't supposed to be about making money, it's about leading your country. But you are right, many at the BBC are overpaid too.

How many employees earn more than the CEO? All public workers should earn less than the PM and most less than an MP. MPs are poorly paid.

Before the MPs demand more money they should turn up for work. Most times that you see the House of Parliament on the news it is vitually empty.

Debateable...

A PM is merely a corporate puppet, and as such is guaranteed millions anyway...

The Boss of the BBC should arguably have a crucial role in exposing the above!

In that case neither should be earning big dosh.

In that case neither should be earning big dosh.
They should earn above average, but not to the current levels...

The argument is always that 'to get the best we need to pay the best'...

Well so far 'paying the best' has just got us into a huge mess...!

Sponsored Links
Back