Not Internet Enabled Boiler Controller

Thank @DP you're slowly converting me to fitting a thermostat .... and putting it somewhere it won't be noticed.

Sponsored Links
l believe while the Hive might be smart but it doesn’t allow for load compensation.
The Hive isn’t that smart, I think it is an on/off stat with TPI only. The Nest is smarter but the learning part a bit of a pain from what I have read and normally gets turned off.

I've a 20 year old boiler, no plans to replace it. It's on a timer, TRVs on all rads, and no room stat.

I'm toying with changing the controller for something more sophisticated but have no idea what's out there that meets my requirements - everything I've casually come across so far is overkill. My motivation is mainly around compensating for the outside temperature. What I don't need is wifi/internet connectivity.

Any thoughts about what might suit?
When you switch on heating at the programmer, does hot water also kick in or does it stay off.

Either way a Honeywell T6 would be ( for me ) a go to programmer. T6R is wireless thermostat and T6 needs to be hard wired.

If your hot water channel also kicks in when heating demand is on, some plumbing work will be required to split the controls for independent switching ( which obviously will ensure further saving as hot water will thereafter be time and temperature controlled)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back