Not sure rad is big enough

Sponsored Links
If I can jump in on this thread, I have kitchen/diner part of which is an extension. It's approx 6 x 4mtrs, the extension part (4x3) has three outside walls, double glazed French doors and a DG window, the old part has just one outside wall. The builder assured me the room would hardly need any heating as the insulation was so good and just relocated the existing rad which is a single 160 x60cm. The room is so cold so I've resorted to topping up the heat with an electric heater. What size rad would I need to heat this room to a comfortable level? I did use an online calculator but bearing in mind what others have said about them not being very accurate, I thought I'd ask you experts.

What size are the windows/doors and how high is the ceiling please?

Window is 130 x 120 North facing, French doors 206 x 244 East facing and ceiling height 240.

If I can jump in on this thread, I have kitchen/diner part of which is an extension. It's approx 6 x 4mtrs, the extension part (4x3) has three outside walls, double glazed French doors and a DG window, the old part has just one outside wall. The builder assured me the room would hardly need any heating as the insulation was so good and just relocated the existing rad which is a single 160 x60cm. The room is so cold so I've resorted to topping up the heat with an electric heater. What size rad would I need to heat this room to a comfortable level? I did use an online calculator but bearing in mind what others have said about them not being very accurate, I thought I'd ask you experts.

What size are the windows/doors and how high is the ceiling please?

Window is 130 x 120 North facing, French doors 206 x 244 East facing and ceiling height 240.

Your present radiator is about 1.6kw, I reckon you need 3.6kw to make the room warm, so just over double what you presently have

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back