Radiator replacement size.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks.

I'm sorry, I cant find a table of outputs old enough.

My current (old) bathroom radiator is a single panel with NO fins. 600mm high, 900mm long. keeps the bathroom lovely & warm all seasons.

We're having a bathroom re-fit and due to its very small size, I was thinking if a smaller radiator.
Does anybody know the BTU of the old radiator so that I can calculate the size of a new, shorter length (same height 600mm) K1 finned single radiator?

For your info, The bathroom is 1700mm x 1850mm x 2400mm high. Not north facing with one double glazed window 1000mm x 1200mm

Thanks.

Ian.

Sponsored Links
Hi there.

It has a TRV on it. currently set at 3 / 5 so the current radiator is big enough to do the job.
Its just inconveniently long and VERY close to the edge of the door when opening. I was just after the size that would still do a good job but more compact.

e.g. 600mm x 700mm K1 finned or
600mm x 600mm K1 finned.
Cheers.

Ian.

Sponsored Links
Its all pretty irrelevant as heat outputs/requirements are only approximations.

You can assume that your old rads have 80% of the output of a similar size modern finned radiator.

That means that you could reduce the length by about 80% so a 700 wide would be about the same heat output as your 900 wide.

However, its always better to have a little extra in hand and thats particularly important if you have a condensing boiler with optimum lower flow temperatures.

Its worse if you cover the rad with towels as that stops most of the heat output.

If all you want to do is give more clearance by the door then surely an 800 wide is the answer?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back