Notice Requiring Possession

Sponsored Links
no affordable places to live.

simple as that, stupid house prices, noone wanting to lend money to pay those prices

rent want 800+ up front, so no, there is nowere to live.

No need to give immigrants Social Housing then is there, Skitso?

It makes me pretty mad when immigrants are granted Council Housing so that people in genuine need (like the OP) struggle to find a place to live.

where are the immigrants mentioned.... its purely a private matter where the op has asked for advice... in a private rental...

Sponsored Links
Do immigrants get Social Housing? If so - why? They can rent at current rates.

There should really be no need to give ANYONE social housing.

Affordable housing? I can find a house share for £250 a month bills included in the ops area...how is that not affordable? Or a unfurnished studio flat for £320 a month.
..thats just over £10 a day, a begger could afford that!

there is no mention of a house share on that link....

so what are you on about....

I agree. No social housing other than temporary shelter. No Housing Benefit so rents would fall wayyyyyyyyy below what they are at the moment.

Prices are kept artificially high because land lords can get money from the LA. However, if you released all the social housing tenants into the market, prices would have to drop for competition.

So basically private renters are not only paying their own way, they are paying MORE because the council are keeping prices artificially high.
Double whammy

what. sharing a flat..... that was the ops problem... he is a lodger in a rented flat... and asking for advice... hopefully ,if you have any, your children would never ask for yours....

they can get a studio flat all to their own for a small amount more.
YOU asked for house shares, I showed you house shares. There are lots of every type. My point is that there is no shortage of housing.

So I take it you are in a council house, yeah?....
As I am not, have a huge share in my own business, live in my own house and am generally doing all right...I think i'll trust my financial understanding. :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back