Notification conundrum. Help required.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It would seem that I have a notification issue ............................ in that I don't get any!
I've been through all my preferences and can't seem to see where it's all going wrong.
I just don't get notifications for new posts on subscribed threads.
Any thoughts?

Slime.

Sponsored Links
I use an ad blocker, but how would that prevent me from receiving notifications?

When you say notifications, do you mean emails informing you of updates to watched content?

If so, I've just noticed that I'm not getting any either. It was working up until early last week but not now.

Sponsored Links
Cick "watch thread" (top right)

Do you then see a popup?

What does it say?

You can also use the "watched threads" link (top left) for a list.

I know how the watched thread functionality works, that's not the problem - the issue is that I've stopped receiving any emails for threads I am watching. My account is set up to auto-watch threads I create and/or respond to (such as this one) and yet I haven't had an email telling me you replied JohnD for example.

I've sent some test mails to the email account I use for these forums and they work, so it appears to be an issue on the forum side.

How do we make contact with the forum admins to get them to investigate?

When you say notifications, do you mean emails informing you of updates to watched content? If so, I've just noticed that I'm not getting any either. It was working up until early last week but not now.
Same here. I stopped getting e-mail notifications a week or so ago.

Kind Regards, John

I've done some further digging on my mail servers, in case it was an issue my end with changing spam/junk processing. I'm not seeing any mails from these forums coming through, so I can only assume it is an issue on the forum side.

I noticed the same thing this week. Checked Spam, nothing. Seems it must be an issue on DIYN's side somehow.

Apologies, we have had some email delivery issues, hopefully this has been resolved and emails will start arriving again.

Apologies, we have had some email delivery issues, hopefully this has been resolved and emails will start arriving again.
I, too, just got an e-mail notification of this message from you - but it's the only such notification I've received for a couple of weeks. However, it is hopefully the first of many!

Thanks for addressing this issue.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Back