Now Enid Blyton is a racist

Sponsored Links
I watched the original Damn busters film on tele a while back and the dogs name was dubbed out. The irony is all these now nasty words would be no more offensive than white peoples nicknames if the pc brigade hadn't pandered to the easily offended brigade.
For reference I wouldn't call a Pakistani a Pak1 cos I'm aware its offensive. I wouldn't call a coloured ***** for the same reason (cept a few I know well). I'm not suggesting we use these words now just expressing that IMO it's bonkers they have become so offensive.

I think the last few posters are behaving like children. They've found a naughty word and they can't help themselves, they're somehow compelled to keep using it. Maybe they're kidding themselves that they must be adult 'cos they're managing to get round the in-built censor.

Any excuse will do to introduce discriminatory posts, even threads about children's literature deteriorates into the use of perjorative terms.

Like other posters I was tempted to ignore this silly behaviour, but I thought I'd just point this out.

Sponsored Links
I don't know. In what ways was the original inaccurate?

Lots of inaccuracies in the original film.... See here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dam_Busters_(film)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Interesting, but only minor deviations from the truth, and what film doesn't?

I'm willing to bet that any sequel is likely to be worse: for one thing, I'll bet all the key players turn out to be 'Canadians' or 'Eagle Squadron' in order to sell it to the Americans.

I think probably the worst offender when it comes to kow towing to the Yanks was that film about the 'American' (it was actually British, of course) submarine that captured an enigma machine. Can't remember the title.

I think the last few posters are behaving like children. They've found a naughty word and they can't help themselves, they're somehow compelled to keep using it. Maybe they're kidding themselves that they must be adult 'cos they're managing to get round the in-built censor.

Any excuse will do to introduce discriminatory posts, even threads about children's literature deteriorates into the use of perjorative terms.

Like other posters I was tempted to ignore this silly behaviour, but I thought I'd just point this out.

Oh grow up.

Sponsored Links
Back