Now is the time for the Torys to take the centre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope that the Tory part see the current splitting of their vote to the hard right take this opportunity not to shift right but to take control of the centre.

End the ideological need to privatise and contract out. Have an actual plan for immigration rather than use it as a conveninent excuse to lay blame.

The Tories still have some great MPs but they are being drowned out by the idiots.

Sponsored Links
There is void in UK politics in the centre ground -and there are plenty of centre ground MPs in both Tory and Labour, but their voices arent being heard at the moment.

Sadly I dont see the Tories taking the centr ground any time soon. It seems to me voting is focused on Brexit lines at the moment not political lines.

I think the lack of a centre ground will stay until the Brexit deadlock gets sorted.

Tory remainer MPs havent got a majority and probably have pro brexit constituencies. Labour wont commit to remain because of the 4 million leave voters.
Tory remain voters cant vote Labour as its not supporting remain and not many Tories will vote for a Corbyn left wing government

Ironically both Labour and Tories are suffering the same problem: they arent attracting the centre ground voters.

Surely the Liberals are the centre ground party.

Why do you think Labour or Conservatives should pretend to be centre ground - just to get elected - if that is not what they believe?

Would you not prefer honest politicians?

Surely the Liberals are the centre ground party.

Why do you think Labour or Conservatives should pretend to be centre ground - just to get elected - if that is not what they believe?

Would you not prefer honest politicians?

I would prefer honest politicians but I prefer sound policies above all else - not wedded to any ideology.

Less than 1% of the population own over 50% of the land. It's time for LVT and lowering taxes on income and people and raising it on corporations - at the moment the taxes are unbalanced.

Before someone decries that's anti-business I hope they know how taxes are paid.

Sponsored Links
I would prefer honest politicians but I prefer sound policies above all else - not wedded to any ideology.
That means you would be happy with sound policies but wouldn't mind if the politicians are dishonest.
I'm sure that's not what you meant.

Less than 1% of the population own over 50% of the land.
That is how the country is - designed by the ancestors of the present 'owners'.
The people keep voting for it.

Hear the squeals from the peasants when it is proposed we correct the situation - get rid of the monarchy and aristocracy.

It's time for LVT and lowering taxes on income and people and raising it on corporations - at the moment the taxes are unbalanced.
Better if Labour is not centre ground, then.

Sponsored Links
Back