Now that is service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got up this morning to find no heat or hot water, (oil fired combi boiler). Pressed 2 different reset buttons and the boiler fired up. As we didn't need the heat on, just the water, I set the controls for just water. 10 minutes later we could smell the paint of the radiators and feel the heat getting hotter. Switched it all off and phoned the landlords estate manager expecting to be told they can't do anything until Monday when everyone is back at work. No, was put on hold for about 30 seconds and then told an engineer will be round in about half an hour. Being sceptical I said to my wife, "More like 3.00 o'clock tomorrow or Monday."
Lo and behold he turned up 10 minutes later. Turned out the 3-way port valve is knackered and nowhere open to get one but he will pick one up first thing Monday and pop back to fit it. In the meantime he has taken the motorised section off and shown us how to swap between heat and water. Couldn't ask for better service.

Anyone else had good service from someone? If so, lets hear about it. It's about time more people complimented good service instead of continually moaning about poor/bad service.

Sponsored Links
Had a leak water dripping in to bedroom. Roofer round in the hour, fixed couple of hours later. Mind you the bill of £300 was a bit steep. Still it's a long way up to our roof and it was absolutely freezing felt a bit sorry for the bloke.

My phone's been at the menders' since before Xmas.
Fingers crossed for being able to post news of good service very soon........

Felt very sorry for the TV aerial bloke who fitted our aerial, why they clamber up ladders to a chimney is beyond me, certain death if they fall and he was absolutely covered in crap after crawling around the 18" void under the floor for a half hour or so.

Sponsored Links
Felt very sorry for the TV aerial bloke who fitted our aerial, why they clamber up ladders to a chimney is beyond me, certain death if they fall and he was absolutely covered in crap after crawling around the 18" void under the floor for a half hour or so.

Maybe because you were paying him to do so? :LOL:

Had a leak water dripping in to bedroom. Roofer round in the hour, fixed couple of hours later. Mind you the bill of £300 was a bit steep. Still it's a long way up to our roof and it was absolutely freezing felt a bit sorry for the bloke.

Anyone who works at heights deserves it imho, I'd have been happy at that price as well.

The bill could have been a lot worse. My brother works in Trading Standards. From the horror stories he tells me that £300 would be loose change if the 'work' had been carried out by members of the travelling community. For a simple, basic job carried out whether it was needed or not and usually to abysmal standards - you could add another nought or two to your bill. But most of the people unlucky enough to be pressured into having this work done are old and vulnerable and feel they have to pay up.

Last edited:
My brother works in Trading Standards. From the horror stories he tells me that £300 would be loose change if the 'work' had been carried out by members of the travelling community. For a simple, basic job carried out whether it was needed or not and usually to abysmal standards - you could add another nought or two to your bill. But most of the people unlucky enough to be pressured into having this work done are old and vulnerable and feel they have to pay up.
True to form, ReganAndCarter never fails to grasp an opportunity to deprecate a group of people that he harbours hatred towards.

True to form, ReganAndCarter never fails to grasp an opportunity to deprecate a group of people that he harbours hatred towards.

A sizeable part of my brother's work is trying to get travellers to repay large sums of money to often old or vulnerable people who have been intimidated into paying for 'pretend' roofing jobs. When they don't, he takes great delight in prosecuting them. A recent case he had was a retired school teacher in her 90s (their preferred target age range) who had been relieved of £50,000 for gutter cleaning and other spurious, small roofing jobs. They are nearly always very unpleasant people who bully their victims and know how to extort money and leave their victims distressed and ashamed at being duped. You may wish to pretend it's prejudice because of your ignorance and naivety, but it's actually the travellers' MO and the type of activity that large numbers of them are involved in. How else do you think that illiterate people living in a field can afford brand new vehicles and top of the range caravans? Selling pegs and lucky heather?

Last edited:
A sizeable part of my brother's work is trying to get travellers to repay large sums of money to often old or vulnerable people who have been intimidated into paying for 'pretend' roofing jobs. When they don't, he takes great delight in prosecuting them. They are often very unpleasant people who bully their victims and know how to extort money and leave their victims distressed. You may wish to pretend it's prejudice because of your ignorance and naivety, but it's actually the travellers' MO and the type of activity that large numbers of them are involved in. How else do you think that illiterate people living in a field can afford brand new vehicles and top of the range caravans?
I imagine if your brother shares your bigotry, of course he's going to act in the same way as you do and try to generate hate and division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back