Now this is VERY interesting....

FWL_Engineer said:
I see the NICEIC are making it up as they go along!!!

*ankers

I dont think they have a choice, as it seems no-one wants to commit themselves.....

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
Would this mean the likes of a honda petrol genny on a site or an emergency back up generator which is pemanantly fitted, IE wired in?

I too am not an electrician (or indeed any kind of tradesman!) but I would imagine that in the case where you are powered purely by a generator the NICEIC will have no legitimate reason to be interested. Like how you need CORGI registration to deal with your mains gas but you can do whatever you want with bottled gas. Back-up power would surely be covered by Part Pee, as this becomes part of your permanent installation and can possibly feed back into the grid.

When we come to sell our houses are any part P regulations retrospective?

There's not really any way they can prove whether your work was done after Part Pee came into effect. Unless you do some electrical work after the new wiring colours come into effect.

the new wiring colors are already allowed

and part p is not in effect yet

plugwash said:
the new wiring colors are already allowed

True

and part p is not in effect yet

I know, I was using the future imperfect tense :p

But point taken, just cos the installaton is in new colours doesn't mean it is post January 2005.

However, if you install accessories that have big stickers in them saying "quality control date, February 2005" then unless you own a Delorean and have a penchant for skateboarding it is obvious there was work done under the reign of Part P.

Sponsored Links
Adam... on boats etc that use gas you can only change the bottle, the installation of the heater,cooker etc has to be done by corgi fitter.

As I have an interest in boats and in view of the above, I was curious as to wether part p covered the generators and land lines on these, I should have asked that I suppose. To be honest though I have'nt read anything in the boating press. Any marine sparks out there?

Dave

There is a section within the wiring regulations covering generators / additional sources, and to comply with Part P the wiring regulations must be followed....

Dont know how this works for boats though....

I dont want to make anemones, but this is getting lob(ster) sided......(very very lame)......

Any-hoos off to get some Turkish money (for Sunday)......yes a week away from a PC and all this sea banter.....:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back