Now what?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well kitchen arrived today and already run into a problem. I offered up one of the tall larder units and it sits flush at the top but the further down you go the larger the gap is, at the bottom of the unit this is around 3/4 of an inch. I put the base unit next to it and because of the gap at the bottom of the larder the base unit doesn't fit flush with the wall.

Do I have to scribe the backs of the units?

Sponsored Links
If you have got decorative end panels then scribe these to the wall.

If you are using 600mm worktops then you will have to scribe the tall unit so that you can get your bases back fare enough to get the correct worktop overhang (wider tops or granite etc will also solve the problem) Depending on the depth of your base units they may not need to go all the way back to the wall, with 600mm tops aim for the front of the unit to be 570mm from the wall assuming 18mm doors. Just hope you have not got Ikea units ;)

Jason

have you checked the floor with a spirit level incase the floors out
i apologise if you have :D ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies all :D

Well I have admitted defeat, the sheer scale of the project has truly overwhelmed me. As this is a custom built kitchen there are no holes drilled for fixing the doors, door furniture etc. And don't get me started on the tall pull out larder wire work thing, nearly had a heart attack when I saw that :LOL:

Anyway all is not lost, the guys that delivered it gave me the number to one of the fitters (probably saw the fear in my eyes) and he is coming to fit it this weekend for cash pound notes.

Thank you for the advice by the way, I will be back ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back