1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

NTE5 ADSL/Broadband Filter Master Socket Adaptor Plate suitable for VDSL?

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by eveares, 2 Oct 2018.

1. eveares

eveares

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is the item linked below suitable for VDSL as it does not mention being VDSL compatible anywhere. I know VDSL uses higher frequency that ADSL, and want to know will this degrade the VDSL performance of a broadband line?

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GPNTE5ADSL.html

Regards: Elliott.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Yep totally fine. In fact, the broadband technology makes no difference at all. The broadband side is always unfiltered, which is confirmed if you look at a circuit diagram for a filter, or open one up. It's the voice side that has the broadband filtered out rather than the opposite. If you're not using a voice service on the line, you don't need a filter at all.

Hope this helps,

Jon

• Like Like x 1
  4. AndyPRK

AndyPRK

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have one like that, and i'm getting 40Mbps. (max I'm paying for)

Some just have a marking DSL

It's a good point Jon makes. The router is connected direct to the line

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links