numpty trainee question - again !!

Jurgen one tip that will help is to buy/get two extra guides for your pipebender (22mm&15mm)and cut them in half (file smooth the cut end like exsisting) you can get round tight tricky bending situations with these

Sponsored Links
howy1 said:
Jurgen one tip that will help is to buy/get two extra guides for your pipebender (22mm&15mm)and cut them in half (file smooth the cut end like exsisting) you can get round tight tricky bending situations with these

The Asylum taken over :eek: :eek:

What the hell are you talking about, or did Ballsenka put you up for that classic.

Can you put a bit of meat on the bone for me please , it was a suggestion like all aspects of a forum , i personallyhave found this to be very helpful, did you get out of bed the wrong side or do you not like anything different !

doitall said:
howy1 said:

The Asylum taken over
I've never had reason to try it, but it sounds like a reasonable idea to me Mark - if it works for you then do it.

Sponsored Links
Softus if its one thing jurgen will learn over the years is to keep an open mind and he`s started well by asking many questions ..cheers

Howy, Softus aint having a pop.

Your suggestion appears a sound idea, I have an old 15mm guide in the van and im going to try it later today.

one thing jurgen will learn over the years is to keep an open mind

Very true, I've picked up several tips in the short space of time since I stumbled across this site. ;)

I know he was not having a pop ,i was actually thanking him for not attacking , cheers clf-gas

Er, you're, er, welcome, I believe. :)

I'm all for new ideas, materials and techniques - without them we'd still be, um, doing what we've always done. :confused:

Onwards and upwards...

howy1 said:

Ok howy1 since you sound as though you may have been serious with the above idea

Since the guide is shorter than any length of pipe you will bend please, explain the reasoning behind the theory.

Thanks again for the tips. I`ll give the shorter guide a go when I`ve got stuff right with the standard one but thanks anyway.

For the "difficult" bends for the test I printed them off, enlarged them to life size and hey presto Ive now got guides to practice with.As said before, to pass the assessment I have to get within 2mm in pipe length and 1 degree of angle so am currently being anal about the bends. In reality the assessors dont actually measure them but I dont want to take the mick !! Anyways, I want to learn to do it right.

Now for that damned partial passover................................................

doitall said:
howy1 said:

Ok howy1 since you sound as though you may have been serious with the above idea

Since the guide is shorter than any length of pipe you will bend please, explain the reasoning behind the theory.

I know where he is coming from.
Not a bad tip especially for doing full passovers straight through the A frame in one go.
It allows you to push the slide further back without having to wrestle with the tube stop or the spud as I used to call it.

Balenza said:
doitall said:
howy1 said:

I know where he is coming from.
Not a bad tip especially for doing full passovers straight through the A frame in one go.
It allows you to push the slide further back without having to wrestle with the tube stop or the spud as I used to call it.

it allows you to push the slide further back, :rolleyes: great why would you want to do that :confused:

The bender is adjusted so the roller is touching the slide/guide slightly forward of square, said slide/guide can be anywhere on the pipe provided the roller is sat on the top of it :rolleyes:

Since ballsenka is fixated with bending an full crossover on a 6m length of pipe in his A frame, perhaps he would care to give us all a laugh and explain how he goes about it.

You want the center at 2m in from the end, do you;

bend it as normal. (floor gets in the way)
bend it up ( the shed roof gets in the way)
or
lay the bender on it's side (walls get in the way)
or
all the above but take it outside
say sod it and use the hand bender :LOL: [/i]

A question for ballenska the pipe fitter.

You're on site with just the threading machine and 200mm of 1" heavy steel tube, and you need 2 No close tapper nipples to finish the job :rolleyes:

How do you make them. :LOL:

Not a pipe fitter. Just stating my findings thats all.
But since you ask I would probably use the on site threading machine.
Failing that I would just weld the whole lot up solid.
Job sorted. Right ?.

If I am wrong then I can go to a different forum and state my findings after you have corrected me. :rolleyes:

Balenza said:
Not a pipe fitter. Just stating my findings thats all.
But since you ask I would probably use the on site threading machine.
Failing that I would just weld the whole lot up solid.
Job sorted. Right ?.

If I am wrong then I can go to a different forum and state my findings after you have corrected me. :rolleyes:

No welder, you have to make 2 close tappered nipples, using the threading machine and the length of pipe.

How is the question :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back