numpty trainee question - again !!

Sponsored Links
You need to have a look at an industrial installation to fully appreciate the quality of A frame or the larger ratchet or machine pulled bends.

Sponsored Links
Balenza said:
He was a bodger.
tired-yawn.jpg

Balenza said:
Doitall wrote

I always bend the center first and then the two legs as you say.

I would like to see you do that with a six meter length in an A frame.
:LOL:

No Problem using an A frame bender.

You pull up and not down.

And yes I pull bends with an A frame and an hydrolic bender up to 67mm

Very occasionally I offset 76mm and 108mm but a good plumber would install to avoid that.

I will boast on the bottom I've yet to meet anyone thats half as good as me with a bender. :LOL:

I will boast on the bottom I've yet to meet anyone thats half as good as me with a bender.

Yeah I've heard your bottom boasting - and that was after only a couple of pints...

Oh and
Z.002.jpg

You have never seen pipefitters in action Doitall.
They would start on the outer bend and work through without removing the pipe from the A frame.

Once again thanks. I got some tube and think I`ve cracked it (not the tube!!). basically pulled to 2nd mark to get main bend then "tweaked" the legs back.

My problem was I was overbending the first bend. Many thanks for the advice. I feel much more confident now.

This is the second time folk have helped me out on this forum and I have to say you guys are great at helping out the numpties. Now Im gonna have a pile of tube for weighing in !!!

Your not a "numptie" Jurgen, You just have a thirst for the Kowledge. Once you have finnished the classroom learning then the real learning starts, and thats every working day.

Good luck with the tests.

:LOL: :LOL: can remember some of the sights that got handed in when I was at skoo, :LOL: :LOL:

Balenza said:
You have never seen pipefitters in action Doitall.
They would start on the outer bend and work through without removing the pipe from the A frame.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thats a cracker ballski.

True I've yet to see a pipe fitter bend a piece of steel tube in an A frame, or for that matter even have the need to bend an full passover in one.

You're outer your depth balenska so get back to building sheds for B&Q.

Doitall wrote.

You're outer your depth balenska so get back to building sheds for B&Q.

Just been out in my shed Doitall though its not a B&Q one.
Got my trusty Hilmor A frame out to do a full passover on the end of a 6 meter length of 22mm.
Took the second go though as the first one was a few mil out on one side and not being diying in a while so out of practise slightly but no problems on the second one and perfection and the pipe never left the bender.
Some time perhaps Doitall if you are free I shall give you a few lessons.

Big shed ballsenski :LOL: :LOL:

Why the hell anyone would want to use an A frame on 22mm Copper beggars believe.

Why not try it on some 54mm. :LOL:

Doitall wrote

Why the hell anyone would want to use an A frame on 22mm Copper beggars believe.

Hey ,thats a cracker Doitall. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
ROFL

Why dont you two old timers come to NW London for a nice meal again?

Even Dan Robinson has woken up and called me yesterday! He has been passing me several small jobs for ages so I knew he was still alive. Even gave me a job for his wife's best friend.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back