Obsolete MCB

• Thread starter Johnmelad502
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnmelad502

I need another 32 a MCB but these are no longer made. Anyone got one they don't want?

If not, without a new CU unit what can I do?

Sponsored Links
What does the 32a mcb on the left / top do- is it for a cooker point?

Do you still use electric cooking ? If you didn't.........

You will find that ebay might be a resource worth looking at.

How do you know the MBC is faulty rather than the cable, a socket or the appliance ?

is it an old model Starbreaker? What are the part no's on the MCBs?

Crabtree is a popular brand so I bet there are second hand ones about.

I used to have some NOS in my loft, think I sold them all on Fleabay but might have a look if you convince me that's what you need.

edit: my mistake, I see they say "type 1" not "B" so probably older than the ones I had

If you take one out and take a side-on photo to show the profile it might help

Sponsored Links
How do you know the MBC is faulty rather than the cable, a socket or the appliance ?

All MCBs are fine, I want another for an electric cooker, I am installing.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Do you know the difference between a type 1 and a type B MCB?
Do you know the requirements for electrical installations?
I take it that this is a customers house?

Do you know the difference between a type 1 and a type B MCB?
Do you know the requirements for electrical installations?
I take it that this is a customers house?

1. ?,

2. You take it wrong then. :LOL:

Go on then, enlighten us why you think you need a type 1?
So you'll be providing the correct RCD protection or an alternative method which doesn't require it?
Inspecting, testing and certifying the new circuit before placing into service? (you'll need more than a clamp meter and a multimeter to do that)
Is it a customers house?

Hello JML.
I have one that I can post to you FOC :eek: !!. Then your electrician could fit and test it for you etc.

My mail is on my profile.

Regards,
Ed.

Go on then, enlighten us why you think you need a type 1?
So you'll be providing the correct RCD protection or an alternative method which doesn't require it?
Inspecting, testing and certifying the new circuit before placing into service? (you'll need more than a clamp meter and a multimeter to do that)
Is it a customers house?

Spark, have you been taking lessons from BAS?

If I did not know the answer to your questions, I could Google them. But I do so I don't need to. :LOL:

As already stated; it is not a customers house.

you do realise that the upfront RCD is 100mA, where as in all probability it needs to be rated at 30mA to comply, not to mention that it contravenes the regs.

Hope this helps.

I don't need lessons from BAS to recognise a poster who is out of their depth .
You don't even appear to know how to specify what type MCB to use? Go ahead and google them, might save someones life someday.
You are not a qualified electrician, you do not have the correct knowledge to do the job properly. You are prepared to work illegaly. Call someone in who knows what they are doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back