Obtaining a mortgage with no regular income

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning

Recently I have managed to obtain (through inheritance) 3 buy to let properties with mortgages all paid off and have regular tenants living there for a few years. Therefore, I receive the monthly rent from these properties. However, I do not have a permanent job - I have always done office based work and manage to get temporary contracts to work a few weeks/months here and there. My other half has a part time job (about 25 hours a week), and we have 2 children both in full time education.

We are now thinking of buying a bigger property. Given the above circumstances, do you think it is possible to obtain a mortgage, since I do not have a permanent job? We could state that we receive regular income from the BTL properties, and if we fall into difficulty with the mortgage payments, then we could always sell one of the properties.

Please advice.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
100% collateral on three properties is a handsome asset. Means to pay said mortgage though I'd imagine requires a different security?

It seems like the obvious solution is to get BTL mortgages on one or more of the BTL properties, and use that capital for your larger home?

A BTL mortgage may, depending on the lender, not require minimum income and some lenders won't even require proof of income so I'd go with Stephen's suggestion

Sponsored Links
Back