OCD....

mandiehun said:
I suffer from mild OCD. It started with depression from the birth of my girls 5 years ago,which lead to severe depression, then panic attacks then finally OCD. Its not a nice way to live at all. My obssesions are mainly checking the windows in my childrens rooms at least 10 times per night, and also checking if they are breathing etc. I've also got a thing about the number 3. It feels like it takes up my life constantly worrying. I've got to go back to docs as i've ran out of tablets about 6months ago. I thought i would be ok but i'm not. I think i need to see a therapist about it. So there you go,my life story in about 5 sentences :)
You have my sympathy. It was a bit different in `54 when mum had me.Post natal depression was a ticket to the County asylum, which, coincidently is 2 miles from our house . Closed down and decaying now. Took a lot of working through for us and the primitive brain zapping did her long term damage . She passed away a few years ago, so really @ peace now.

Sponsored Links
3.....3........3....13 ! !

in the early 90s when every nite was Rave party nite , an Es were the main thing with a few speedballs an moggies in the morning to come down ..

I had a compulsion to those set numbers , working hard on sites an then partying hard most nights you do go mental ...

those numbers whispered ever time I went through a doorway ...was a great comfort some how ..lol....lol....lol...lol ;) scarey an shameful really ..

it was suggested earlier in the posts, that treatment be sought. I think it is a good idea...so I dont want to mislead on this...but...on one occasion, my therapist suggested that since my particular compulsion included an obsession toward perfection....everything in its place...that it was because I felt no control in my life...so therefore it was the 'little' things that I could change to set the picture right..seemed to fit, but seemed too simple. I dont know what the answer is....but my way of coping is to distract myself and although I then act as though I have some sort of attention deficit disorder(ever notice everything has a disorder attached to it?)...it seems to help.

mlb3c,
Why do you see these things as a disorder maybe .if you looked at them as part of human nature then it would not be a problem :)

Sponsored Links
splinter said:
mlb3c,
Why do you see these things as a disorder maybe .if you looked at them as part of human nature then it would not be a problem :)

well, maybe not there....but everything here practically is called a disorder (in this country)....every one wants to "cure"...

What do americans use as a gauge for normality why does every human trait ,habit have to be a disorder . :rolleyes:

My eldest daughters a bit ocd. Very bright, at uni doing her degree but definitely an issue for her. The less stress in her life the better it gets and it will be the same for you

I'm what's known as a perfectionist and it's a very fine line between wanting it to be just so and being obssesive. If it's any consolation it's associated with a high IQ and there have been numerous famous sufferers. Mozart is thought to have had it as did Charles Darwin, Martin Luther King and Charles Dickins

splinter said:
mlb3c,

Very true Splinter, we all analyse ourselves to much nowadays

pickles

how are you :) ?

good I hope ... ? :) :)

splinter
you are BANG On .....my niece who is at Lancaster Uni doing teacher training told me about these kids now who call themselve "emo " kids

they are much darker an suicidal than goths were ever an cut themselves for attention .. :( a f*cking smack is needed I think

at my comp we had REAL NASTY GRIBBER STEBSONS slicing you to
watch for .. real world an head down bog ..lol..lol..lol...lol. ;) :)

now kids are doing this at primary age too ,self cutting .... :( :( :(

Moz mate

for once i agree with you!

Im fed up of people putting labels on kids and giving them "special treatment" for thier "condition" .

A good Clucking Smack they need :evil:

andyboyo said:
Im fed up of people putting labels on kids and giving them "special treatment" for thier "condition" .

A good Clucking Smack they need :evil:

That's a very bold theory, do you do much research into developmental behaviourism?

Sponsored Links
Back