Octopus Smart Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Octopus has today fitted my smart meters. Can any users advise how long it took for their instalation to interface with HQ? My Octopus phone app account has been updated with the new meters but not displaying data yet. Their pamphlet suggests it can take up to 2 weeks? :evil:
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I had one from Scottish power yesterday and the installer said anything up to 72 hours to sync.
Did you get a screen for the house as that should update straight away

I had my faulty meter changed by Octopus. Gas was showing within 12 hours and electric took about 48. Now shows daily useage on home display and app

Had my SMETS1 smart meters changed to SMETS2 smart meters by Octopus last October, it took less than 24hrs to sync.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all - I'll give it a couple of days to sync before bleating again ;)

2 weeks is worst case where multiple attempts have to be made to register the meter due to problems occuring.
Generally it's a day or two.

After 24hrs my elec meter has been recognised by my phone app and house monitor. No gas data yet :(
I did email Octopus that the gas meter reading taken by the engineer and recorded on the app was a 6 figure number, whereas my history of previous recording were only 4 digits. The gas page has since dropped off from my phone app, so hopefully someone is managing it,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back