OH bleep !

Regarding the glass post, I phoned a glaziers and asked for a price for a piece of 6mm toughened glass 24"x36" and was quoted £13+vat. Said "ok I'll be down in about 1/2 hour can you have it ready please?"

Get a purchase order off the secratary and go for the glass. While I'm there he tells me he didn't cut it because people often don't come for what they have ordered. Fair comment. So while he's cutting it he asks whats it for.
"A small shot-blaster in work" I said. "Here's a purchase order."
"Oh no problem" he says, " we've done work for you before so I know it will be paid, I'll send the bill through the post as usual."

3 weeks later I am called in and asked why the bill is for £37.75+vat!! after I told the boss it was £13 +vat!

right so why was it £37.75 + vat ?

Sponsored Links
He claimed he had made a mistake with his quote to me and said he didn't realise it was toughend.
They paid him no problem. Its just occured to me that I should have rung a different glazier and got a price off them for comparison.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil:

yea your right boring old tw*t

Makes up for all the shortages on deliveries that cost us a fortune in lost time and return visits to finish job.

And a retailer makes their living by giving stuff away get a grip theft and dishonesty or fraud as in the above case is wrong and a55holes that promote this type of behaviour cost the rest of us. What happens when you claim insurance doh it increases in price who pays for it.

Sponsored Links
that must of hurt but funny !! we have all been there well i have anyway i was doing a bit of plaster patching above a kitchen worktop awkward angle so thought id sit on the work top to trowel it up i was chatting to the lady customer who was a bit of alright ! nearly finished the job only an hours work really, and heard a cracking sound next minute im on the deck so is the worktop and a load of wall tiles !! looked like a right plonker i spent the rest of the day repairing the kitchen at least she saw the funny side.

Great to see my old post from 2 years ago is still a firm favourite....

Funny thing is the damp patch came bk the following winter so we bought a de - humidifier ( i did learn from that lesson lol ! ) and the whole hallway and top of the stairs hasn't seen a speck of damp in over a year...

Oh why oh why didn't i find this gem 1st...

All the best Galva :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back