Oi, you, get back to work!

Sponsored Links
Local council 5year apprentice ships set up by guy to make sure his son had a job for 5 years.
4th year chippies who cannot hang a door and brickies who have only ever laid a couple of hundred bricks in a straight line over a few days. One got sent to work on a site building houses for the council I said to him right take this as a opportunity to learn and see what the real world is like. A few months later he tell me this is ace I'm learning loads 6 months later he is back to laying a few bricks a week saying we'll its easy money. One lad I genuinely thought his apprenticeship was in texting as only ever seen a phone in his hand

Last edited:
Get the youth of today to more than play with their 'phones/screens/computers. I gave up work when I hit 63, I'm now back part time working harder for less money cause my boss can't get an apprentice or even a youngster for love let alone money.

How does that work? How were you forced to return due to lack of suitable replacement?

If you are such a valuable and scarce resource , your wages should have increased not reduced.

Sponsored Links
There is those that can and those that put pictures up of absolute shyte work and proud as fek about it. My granny could do better. No wonder you are still having to work old man
Good endorsement from the forum bullshítter. (y)

And a surfeit of people capable of filling the shortfall, but won't.
This is what I touched on before, it's down to the eagerness of people to work ... or not work. I'm sure many of us have worked in places where there were one or more people that, if they so desired, probably didn't need to work i.e. with various physical and/or mental challenges. By the same token, there are those more capable but who play the 'no I can't work, it's my back/mental health you see' card, whereas behind closed doors there's nowt wrong with them, or very little. Note I'm not saying that's the case with all non workers before anyone starts!

And of course there's the benefits thing i.e. for some it simply wouldn't pay them to work. So again, depending on the individuals attitude to working, the incentive isn't there.

And of course there's the benefits thing i.e. for some it simply wouldn't pay them to work. So again, depending on the individuals attitude to working, the incentive isn't there.

This aswell, over the years we've had people who have been offered full time positions for them to then turn it down because their benefits would get stopped, and they had a better work life balance because the benefits topped up their wages. Their words were why would I work twice the hours for only a couple of grand more than I get doing 16 hours a week and my benefits....

This aswell, over the years we've had people who have been offered full time positions for them to then turn it down because their benefits would get stopped, and they had a better work life balance because the benefits topped up their wages. Their words were why would I work twice the hours for only a couple of grand more than I get doing 16 hours a week and my benefits....
The benefits system is the root of all evil in this country.

How does that work? How were you forced to return due to lack of suitable replacement?

If you are such a valuable and scarce resource , your wages should have increased not reduced.
Went back to work voluntarily as much 'cause the boss needed a 'man' to help as to make sure the work I needed doing would get done before winter. As for the money, it's called keeping my tax bill down.

Went back to work voluntarily as much 'cause the boss needed a 'man' to help as to make sure the work I needed doing would get done before winter. As for the money, it's called keeping my tax bill down.
Eh?

You CHOOSE to earn less money (while doing the same amount of work) to avoid paying more tax?

What work did you need doing, that you presumably can’t do yourself, makes it viable and sensible to go back to work to enable the same company to work and , presumably, charge you for?

The benefits system is the root of all evil in this country.
Not all evil, but quite a lot of it. It's responsible for those who are already here and don't bother working and also for those people risking their lives in dinghies in the channel.

Is it really any surprise that if you pay people quite a lot for doing little or nothing then they might just prefer that option?

It all started out as Tax Credits voter bribery under the Blair/Brown government. But it's so entrenched now that any party that dismantled it would be guaranteed defeat at the next election. The BBC would be smothered in sad faced people with their tales of woe.

I don't really know what the way out of this country's mess is. It probably now needs a major issue that can't be kicked down the road. The whole Truss/Kwarteng thing was just an early taster of what's on the cards at some point soon, when the world decides they don't want to keep lending us more money to blow on imported tat. All they did was bring the day of reckoning closer, Sunak's just managed to get it back on the back burner for a bit longer.

It all started out as Tax Credits voter bribery under the Blair/Brown government. But it's so entrenched now that any party that dismantled it would be guaranteed defeat at the next election.
Correct. It can only be reformed by changing the voting system so that only the "givers" get to vote, not the "takers".

I was about to say that I have never seen such self centred and self righteous garbage in the CC before.

Then I realised that I had stumbled into GD, which explains all.

Sponsored Links
Back