Oi, you, get back to work!

Neither did you when you were young.

Typical 'superior gammon' behaviour from the young people haters.

When I was younger I worked my balls off, often doing as much overtime as possible more often than not I'd volunteer to do shifts no one else wanted and work 7 days.

I done it because it paid for the things I wanted it also put me in good stead with the bosses meaning when I needed a favour I got it, or when redundancy was announced I was one of the few kept on.

From the experience of recent apprentices it doesn't seem we get the same work ethic.

Sponsored Links
When I was younger I worked my balls off, often doing as much overtime as possible more often than not I'd volunteer to do shifts no one else wanted and work 7 days.

I done it because it paid for the things I wanted it also put me in good stead with the bosses meaning when I needed a favour I got it, or when redundancy was announced I was one of the few kept on.

From the experience of recent apprentices it doesn't seem we get the same work ethic.
I, me,me I.

The glorious 1970's 'grafters' lol. Thank god modern working (Japanese/German style) practices sorted out a generation of slackers. The lazy entitled old duffers are all retiring now thank goodness.

Sponsored Links
Utter bo llox.

Meanwhile, young people are having to work harder for longer and for less money, ever in the modern era.
as i said, from the previous 4 apprentices that have walked through our workshop doors the work ethic is definitely not their, certainly not in engineering, may be different in other trades.

I, me,me I.

The glorious 1970's 'grafters' lol. Thank god modern working (Japanese/German style) practices sorted out a generation of slackers. The lazy entitled old duffers are all retiring now thank goodness.
i was born mid eighties, my grafting years were early 00's, the issue appears to be those from around 2006.

i still regularly work long hours, it's noticeable against those that don't in the business.

As with most things in life, the human condition has a part to play when it comes to work and work ethic, and often there's no right and wrong. Back to the 'do you live to work or work to live' scenario. And of course there are lots of variables relating to the employee and the employer that influence all of this.

Some people go above and beyond what's expected of them in the workplace, some don't. Yes it might pay dividends further down the line as has been touched on, however there's no guarantee of that. Just because you're wired a certain way, don't expect everyone else to be the same.

As with most things in life, the human condition has a part to play when it comes to work and work ethic, and often there's no right and wrong. Back to the 'do you live to work or work to live' scenario. And of course there are lots of variables relating to the employee and the employer that influence all of this.

Some people go above and beyond what's expected of them in the workplace, some don't. Yes it might pay dividends further down the line as has been touched on, however there's no guarantee of that. Just because you're wired a certain way, don't expect everyone else to be the same.
LOL Well at least you have highlighted a fundamental aspect to it all, several of them actually - unlike others. I'll add another - the old always historically see the young as bad in some fashion or the other and think all should be the same as them etc. They went out bare footed to fetch the Hovis etc. Looking at the past with their own blinkers on. Inclined to forget that times change in all sorts of ways.

Halfords are trying to attract over-50s who have given up work

By offering them apprenticeships.

This is not a joke.

You'll remember that for ordinary working people, earnings after inflation have not risen in over ten years. And are now going down. Company profits and share prices, however, have done much better.

We now have a shortage of workers.

It's possible that the pendulum is beginning to swing back. Maybe employers will have to offer better pay and conditions. Older people will remember the days when workers could get secure jobs, training, decent pensions, and the chance of advancement. There was a time when warehouse workers and van drivers didn't have to pee in a bottle to avoid having their pay docked.

Younger people have seen even the most essential workers undervalued and treated with contempt.

Has any
Halfords are trying to attract over-50s who have given up work

By offering them apprenticeships.

This is not a joke.

Anybody recently had the (dis) pleasure of going to Halfords of late?

Nose job is a bit tetchy this morning. :rolleyes:

Did his slop go off before he had chance to throw it at the wall? :LOL:
Drains and foundations boyo. Muck bullets and dodging services. (y)

Attachments

• 20230112_125611.jpg
    20230112_125611.jpg
    700.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230112_125456.jpg
    20230112_125456.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230112_125637.jpg
    20230112_125637.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Back