OIL boiler flue hole - what diameter hole to drill?

Is it really important if the OP wants to fit the boiler himself. I say crack on. Someone who needs his hand held to suggest flue hole size, what is he going to need advice on next

RGIs, take a chill pill, why do you guys need an urge to put the world right? It will never happen. In one day came across two installations fitted with PRV to filling loop. System water now can be used as test chart for making white coffee

Sponsored Links
  1. So given the flue diameter is 100mm, what is the appropriate size core drill bit to use (diameter wise)
Are you sure it's 100mm? Only I've never seen a 100mm flue on an oil boiler. Which make/model is it please? Be handy to know, could get me out of a tight spot one day

As for angling the hole, you often don't need to as the fall will be built into the flue terminal section, your installation manual will give you a definitive answer

Are you sure it's 100mm? Only I've never seen a 100mm flue on an oil boiler. Which make/model is it please? Be handy to know, could get me out of a tight spot one day

As for angling the hole, you often don't need to as the fall will be built into the flue terminal section, your installation manual will give you a definitive answer

It's a woodshitter bosch oilfit boiler

Sponsored Links
It's a woodshitter bosch oilfit boiler
Got a link? All 125mm or 160mm as far as I can see...the 160 has a 100mm inner, maybe it's that you've seen? In which case you'll need a 180mm core

Got a link? All 125mm or 160mm as far as I can see...the 160 has a 100mm inner, maybe it's that you've seen? In which case you'll need a 180mm core

Don't waste your time mate, he's said in other threads that he's DIY fitting a gas boiler, the oil thing is just a lie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back