Oil boiler oil leak under combustion chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Trianco Contractor is 11 years old. For a while now it has smelled 'oily' when on, and at the last service I mentioned the slight oil show which was to the side and just below the combustion chamber. He didn't seem to think much of it. I asked if it was due to 'over fueling' , ie un-ignited oil being sprayed before ignition or after shutdown. He dismissed this idea. However, the smell gets more noticeable and I assume it's from this unburnt oil being warmed up by the heat of the chamber. Looking under, there is a bigger patch. Any thoughts ? is it a leaky valve in the nozzle feed ? It's a Riello burner. Thanks for any insights.

Sponsored Links
Are you absolutely certain there is no oil leak from flexible connector or oil pump
Looks to be coming from under the combustion chamber, though it's difficult to see. When I checked it before there was none forward of the flexible pipe though I need to get in for a good look

Attachments

• IMG_5060.JPG
    IMG_5060.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
Check the joint between the burner motor and the oil pump. It is possible the shaft seal is leaking especially if you only notice it whilst running.

Check the joint between the burner motor and the oil pump. It is possible the shaft seal is leaking especially if you only notice it whilst running.
Seconded. Just replaced mine the other week for this exact issue. Tend to find it gets underneath the casing and weeps back out for days after even after the issue is sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back